In WordPress, this is very easy to instal CommentLuv enabled IntenseDebate, but on Blogger it is not a one click solution.
Now, impossibility has become nothing as CommentLuv has been impressively integrated into IntenseDebate commenting system. IntenseDebate commenting system is a third party commenting system that utilizes their own server to collect and store relevant comments which would be outputted on the page where the comment was dropped. Pretty cool right? That’s not all of it, by using IntenseDebate commenting system, you can eradicate spam almost completely. In few easy steps, I will walk you through how to install IntenseDebate commenting system integrated with CommentLuv.
6 Easy Steps To Install IntenseDebate and Enable Comment Luv
1. Backup your Blogger template
Hint: This is only a precautionary measure should anything happen, you can always restore your template.
2. Register an account on IntenseDebate
Hint: Ensure you select this option; “I want to install IntenseDebate on my blog or website” on the registration page. Don’t know where to find it? Use the image below.
Hint: A. If you are using a custom domain, IntenseDebate will ask you to choose your platform before you proceed. Choose Blogger.
B. If you are using a sub-domain, you will be taken to the new page automatically.
The new page pretty much explains everything thing but I will explain a little bit.
1. You can decide if you want your previous posts to have IntenseDebate enabled or allow IntenseDebate to appear only on new posts after installation is completed.
2. Click the Blogger account anchor link to take you to your blogger account. Select your Blog > selectTemplate
3. Select Backup/Restore
4. Download Full Template
Hint: If you have already downloaded your template in the first step, you do not need to perform this action.
5. Select the downloaded template and upload it into IntenseDebate server.
6. Copy the codes given to you by IntenseDebate.
1. Now, Go back to your Blogger dashboard,
2. Navigate to Template and Locate “Edit HTML”
3. Delete the entire codes and Paste the copied codes given to you by IntenseDebate.
4. Save Template and Yola! IntenseDebate now runs on your blog but we will still have to do one thing to enable CommentLuv.
Enabling CommentLuv On IntenseDebate
1. Go back to your IntenseDebate Window where you copied the codes from
2. Click “Configure this IntenseDebate account”
3. Click “Plugins” on the left widget
4. Scroll down to find CommentLuv; Click “Activate” to enable CommentLuv on your blog powered by Blogger.
5. Head back to your blog post and find IntenseDebate integrated with CommentLuv beautifully installed on your blog.
If you followed this easy tutorial carefully, the whole process should work like a charm for you. The installation is pretty simple and once completed, you should have successfully installed IntenseDebate integrated with CommentLuv.
Don’t go in a hurry, if you enjoyed this article, kindly subscribe to feeds and drop a comment to show some love. 🙂