Many people love to run the WordPress installation script directly on their Live Server. It isn’t bad entirely, but I prefer to test my theme and design on my local server before deciding to upload it. If you are with me in this camp and don’t know how to install a WordPress installation on localhost, kindly get a cup of coffee, relax while I walk you through easy steps to quickly achieve that.
Easy Steps To Install WordPress on LocalHost
1. Download Wamp Server Ver. 2.1
2. Run the installation and choose a default browser for Wamp Server
3. Start Wamp Server
Hint: Green indicates that Wamp is online, while Red means it’s offline.
4. Navigate to phpmyadmin.
Alternatively, use this url on your web browser.
5. Create a new User.
1. Download the latest Version of WordPress
2. Extract the WordPress folder.
3. Now, head over to your “www” directory.
Hint: Alternatively, you can find “www” directory by following this path. C/wamp/www
4 . Move the WordPress folder into the “www” directory and rename “WordPress” with the database you created earlier.
5. Now, open your localhost in your web browser by simply typing “localhost” on the address bar
6. Select your database from the project list.
Follow the prompt and complete installation.
- Database Name: The database name you created earlier
- User Name: The database username you created ealier
- Password: The database password you created also.
- Database Host: Leave default as localhost.
- Table Prefix: You can change this if you want to run multipe WordPress installation on the same database. Otherwise, you can leave the default value.
Click on the Submit button. If the information you provided is accurate, you would be take to a new screen.
WordPress has been successfully installed on your Wamp server localhost. You can now modify your template to suit your needs before you upload into your live server.
Tip: Solving Problems As A Blogger
I like to believe you have installed WordPress on your local host and everything works like a charm for you. If you encountered any problem and have any suggestion on how to make this process easier. Kindly drop them on the comment box and let continue the learning cycle.