There are times when your HTC One become totally unresponsive and it become imperative to fall back to the ever effective and built-in factory reset. I will quickly walk you through how you can hard rest HTC One.
How To Hard Reset HTC One From Settings
1. Side the Notification panel and tap settings.
Hint: The settings icon looks like a wheel, once you find it, you can easily recognize.
2. Tap Backup & Reset
3. Tap Reset Phone.
4. Erase all data: select this if you permanently want to delete media and other data on HTC One.
5. Tap Ok and you are done.
Hard Reset HTC One With Hardware Buttons
If for any reason, you are unable to power on your smartphone, you can also perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons. Unbelievable? Yes this is how below:
1. Press and hold the “volume down” button and then press and hold the “power button”
2. Wait for the Android images to appear on the screen. Once that happens, quickly release the “power and volume down: buttons
3. Press “volume Down” to select Factory Reset, and then press the power button.
4. Wait and see the magic.
Hint: Performing either of the above steps will completely remove all downloaded and installed apps including their settings. It is best practice to back up any data and files you feel may be of important at a later date.