In this tutorial, you will see how to install cyanogenmod 12.1 Android Lollipop on HTC One M8. The methods written here are quite easy and do not need special technical skills. If you follow the steps as I have written them, it will work for you.
With that said, I have another tutorial that talks about the steps to install Cyanogenmod 12s Android Lollipop on OnePlus One, so if you have a friend with the device, you can also help him out.
Warning: When you install a custom ROM on your android device, it voids your warranty. There is a disclaimer here to that effect.
Hint: Perform a backup before attempting to carry out this procedure.
Ensure your HTC One M8 has an unlocked bootloaded, it’s rooted and equally has the recent custom recovery. Otherwise, find out how to unlock bootloader, root and install latest custom recovery on your android device.
Now follow the follow steps to complete the process.
- Enable USB debugging on HTC One M8 [settings > developers options]
- Download cyanogenmod 12.1
- Download Google Apps
- Move downloaded files into internal storage on HTC One M8
- Turn off phone and boot to recovery mode [press and hold together Volume Down + Power buttons]
- Perform Full System Wipe in recovery mode [Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik Cache/Art cache in advanced section]
- Navigate to recovery mode main menu and install ZIP from SD card [Select CM 12S Zip and install at once]
- Repeat Steps 7 to install Google Apps
- Now, go back to the recovery mode main menu to reboot system
- Device rebooted and files effectively installed.
This is how you install Cyanogenmod 12S Android Lollipop on HTC One M8. I hope this was helpful.