Essentially, in this tutorial you will discover how to root OnePlus One, install custom recovery and unlock bootloader. The steps I am going to show to you are the most efficient, effective and recommended way to root OnePlus One.
You don’t need to be a genius, just follow the steps the way I have written then and they should work for you. Okay, here is a guide that explains how to install Cyanogenmod 12S Android Lollipop on OnePlus One.
Alright, with that said, let us begin the steps to install a custom recovery, unlock bootloaded and root OnePlus One.
Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus One One
- Download ADB and fastboot
- Extract the folder to PC
- Turn off device and boot to fastboot mode. [Press and hold together the Volume Up and Power buttons. A promt that you are in fastboot mode should appear]
- Connect OnePlus One to PC with available USB cable
- Open command prompt window on the ADB folder [Hold shift button, right click on the folder white-space, and click “open command window here”
- Enter the following command prompt below
- fastboot devices
- The command above will list connected devices on your PC. [Device serial number should automatically appear on the list]
- Immediately after the procedure above, unlock the bootloader on OnePlus One using the command prompt below
- fastboot oem unlock
- Run the command prompt below, immediate after the command prompt above is complete
- fastboot reboot
- When the command promote above runs successfully, your device would reboot. This can take a few minutes.
Once completed, you can adjust the settings below.
You can enable USB debugging: Go to settings > About Phone > tap on Build number 7-tmes. This will enable all developer’s options. You can then enable USB debugging on the developers option later on.
You can disable CM recovery protection: Simply disable “Update recovery with system updates” on the same developer’s options, as stated above.
We have concluded the simple steps on how to unlock OnePlus One bootloader. Kindly proceed to the next step.
How To Install TWRP on OnePlus One One
- Download the latest version of TWRP
- Rename to recovery.img
- Move file to the ADB folder earlier extracted on PC
- Turn off device and boot to fastboot mode [refer to the same procedure above]
- Open new command prompt and input what’s below
- flashboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The command above helps in flashing the TWRP. Once done, input the command line below
- fastboot reboot
- Your device would be rebooted.
It may take a few minutes to complete. Once successful, TWRP is installed on your device. Kindly proceed to the final procedure below.
How To Root OnePlus One One
- Download SuperSU file
- Copy to your device [ensure it’s located where you can easily find it]
- Boot device to recovery mode [Pres and hold together the Volume Up + Power buttons]
- On the Custom Recovery main screen, tap install
- Browse or search for SuperSU.zip and select.
- Swipe to confirm the installation
Reboot your device; it may take a few minutes. Once device is rebooted, OnePlus One is successfully rooted. You should see SuperUser or SuperSU appear in your app drawer.
This is how you root OnePlus one, install custom recovery and unlock bootloader. I hope this was helpful, let me hear your story in the comment area.