Andela has launched a student program and it’s aimed at empowering students in universities who will in turn lead Andela’s campaign in communities.
This is one of the ways Andela wants to push technology in Africa, through the Andela Student Ambassador Program, ASAP which will run for one year. The application for the program ends on October 26th, 2016.
Well, before you apply. There are requirements you must meet.
Firstly, you have to be at least 300 level in your university with good networking amongst students. Also, you must know how to communicate, formal or informal. You really need to know how to influence and win over people, that is an added advantage for you.
Go ahead to Andela Fellowship. This is basically where you are going to discover what this program really entails. Andela will collaborate with you to push programs that will bring out the hidden potentials from students in your school. This means, you have got to be smart. I am sure you are equal to the task, forgive my over emphasis.
What Will Be Your Responsibilities?
- Invest 10 hours monthly in Andela-related initiatives and activities
- Plan four (4) Andela events over a period of 12 months (1 per quarter)
- Create an Andela ListServ for your university
- Attain deep understanding of Andela and our program
- Act as liaison between Andela and other communities on and off campus
What Will You Stand To Gain?
- Preparation for leadership roles
- Potential for an internship with Andela, based on performance
- Observe Andela Bootcamp sessions
- Participate in Andela events
- Access to branded Andela merchandise
- Significant marketing experience
- Jump start your professional career
This is a great opportunity for you to get involved and you sign up here to apply. That said, you may want to check what a Nigerian wants to achieve with his Email service startup that claims to be the first indigenous e-mail provider in Nigeria. Let me know what you think.