Finding your favorite videos and maintaining libraries weren’t easy in the past. But thanks to YouTube, world’s largest online videos database that allows you to find your desired video content and add it to your favorites list, within seconds. However, not everyone is satisfied with this mechanism, as it requires a high-speed internet connection to access your favorites at any time of the day. This is when you look to find a tool that could keep your favorites on your own local storage drives.
Before I continue, do you know you can connect iPhone 6 to tv? This will allow you mirror what you see on your smartphone to your tv.
Alright, in this article, you will find some useful and free tools that can be mounted on you operating system and are capable enough to download the desired video on your PC. Although some of the tools stated here under are functional on diverse range of operating systems, all of them are attuned to Apple Mac OSX. Refer to the subsequent section for further details.
Download with Safari web browser
This is the most easy and highly practiced method to download YouTube videos on Mac OSX. The technique does not require you to download and install any third party utility to get the thing done. If you are a regular user of Safari web browser, you should not have a hitch in trying it out. But if you are not, you have to switch to this Apple’s very own web browser, at least for YouTube. See the instructions below to get started.
- Open Safari web browser and log on to YouTube.com
- Navigate to your desired content and pause the video just after it starts playing
- Let the progress bar reach to the end and then click Window in the menu bar
- Locate the entry similar to the name of video you have opened and click it
- The video will start downloading
4K Video Downloader
This useful video downloader is extremely low in size and high in utility. Theuser interface is the simplest to work upon. Most of all, such a worth is offered without charging you a penny. It has the ability to mount up on your Mac OSX as well as other operating systems within no time. The simple procedure to download a YouTube video using 4K Video Downloader is stated below.
- Go to 4K Video Downloader webpage to download and install the utility
- Navigate to the chosen video and copy its URL
- Place the URL in 4K Video Downloader by clicking Paste URL button
- On the next screen titled as Download Clip, select the quality and click on the Download button
- The downloading will start in the next second
Mozilla Firefox not only helps you with smart and fast web browsing, but also offers a number of free plug-ins, which are valuable at certain instances. In order to download a YouTube video using Firefox, install the add-on named DownloadHelper. To get this for free,
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click Tools in the menu bar and go for Add-ons
- Search and install the plug-in named DownloadHelper and restart Firefox
- Navigate to a video on YouTube and you will see a spinningicon of DownloadHelper
Click it to get the download started
Please note that the download time is limited to 8 minutes. To download a video exceeding this limit, you would need to click the icon multiple times.
Also See: How To Get Free Apps On iPhone Without Jailbreak
Ultimate YouTube Downloader
Among the countless utilities of Google Chrome, is the ease of downloading YouTube videos through the concerned plugin. Ultimate YouTube Downloader assists you in easily retrieving high definition videos from a webpage.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome Web Store
- Search and install Ultimate YouTube Downloader followed by restarting Chrome
- Search through the YouTube to find the video that needs to be downloaded
- Under the video player section, click the button stating Download
After choosing the video quality, the download will start
ClipGrab is an easy to use video downloading tool than can be installed on your Mac OSX operating system within no time. It has the property to download video content from a number of websites including YouTube. The user interface is simple enough to be understood by even the beginners.
- Go to ClipGrab to download the installation package and then install it
- Open ClipGrab and browse a YouTube video from within the application
- The video will be detected and added on the Clipboard
- Access the Clipboard tab and download the video from there
Introducing Airy YouTube downloader
Airy is a powerful YouTube downloader which is capable of handling Full HD and 8K Ultra HD video download without hiccups. Airy allows you to choose a required format and resolution; formats supported include MP4, FLV and 3GP. You can also save only soundtracks – all you have to do is to choose MP3 from the list of the formats displayed when downloading.
- Download and install Airy on your Mac
- Copy and paste YouTube URL into Airy window
- Choose the format to save the downloaded file into and press Download button
- Files are saved into Downloads folder of your Mac
With any of the above mentioned tools, you can skillfully create your video playlists on your own local drives and enjoy them whenever you want, even without an internet connection. Go ahead to incorporate multiple tools to simplify the things.