The iOS 10 was designed to fix some software issues on the iOS 9 and bring entirely new features to its users. One of the most exciting features on the iOS 10 is the ability to enable text message forwarding on iPhone and iPad.
However, for the text message feature on the iPhone and iPad to work properly, you must use the same Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad.
In this article, we are going to show you the practical steps that will enable this feature for you. You will need to add an email address to iMessage and also use FaceTime with your Apple ID or iCloud.
So, if the text message forwarding code is not showing on your mac, or the text message forwarding option is not showing up on your iPhone. We strongly believe the practical steps written in this article with help in you in getting back on track.
If your iPhone Text message forwarding message is missing, it is possible you are using an older version of iOS. Learn how to update your iOS to enjoy all the features that comes with it.
For existing users of iOS 10, let us begin the process that will be all you need to enable text message forwarding on your iPhone or your iPad.
Enable Text Message Forwarding on iPhone: What Works
These are the practical steps, I’d advise you to follow them one step at a time to get the best result.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “Messages” > Send & Receive.
- Now, tap “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”.
- Enter your Apple ID user name and password. This will allow you enable iMessage with an email associated with your Apple ID, including your phone number.
- Tap the email address, this will enable it.
- Right now, Tap “Next” and go back to iMessage settings > Tap “Text Message Forwarding”.
- At this point, your messages on the Mac or iPad will open automatically and create a one-time verification code.
- Insert the verification code into your iPhone and you are good to go.
These are the steps you need to enable Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone and iPad. The entire process should work easily for you.
It doesn’t need any special technical skills or knowledge to start and finish it without problems. However, it is still possible that some users will still have problems completing these steps.
Therefore, if you still encounter any kind of issues, you should the comment area to tell us about the error messages you are getting and we will attempt to resolve the problems.
For the other users who have been rocking this special feature, what has been your experience so far? How have been enjoying it and do you think Apple should speed up implementation of such feature that has been available in the Android community for years?
Let us get these feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Cheers!