I usually get messages on my social profile asking me if I have a way to fix download unsuccessful error in Google Play which happens when trying to install or update apps. The download unsuccessful error in Google Play is not a big deal as you can see, I have got a way out and I will show you in this tutorial.
This first thing I want you to do is check your internet connection. If you can use your browser to access webpages, but can’t use Google Play the way you once used to, then this tutorial is for you. Before that, discover some Android shortcuts you really need right now.
Resolved: Download Unsuccessful Error In Google Play – Method One
- Turn off your Android device
- Wait for 15 seconds, turn on the Android device
- Try to download with Google Play
If it doesn’t work, kindly try the alternate method two below.
Download Unsuccessful Error In Google Play – Method Two
- Open Settings on your Android device
- Locate Applications
- Tap Manage Applications
- Select Google Play Store from the list
- Tap Force Stop [This will stop Google Play from running]
- Tap Clear Cache
- Tap Clear Data
Repeat same process for Google Application Framework, Google Account Manager, Checkin Servce from the app list
Hint: You would be required to sign-in again after carrying out this step successfully.
Sign in with your Google Account and try to download an app form Google Play. The Download Unsuccessful error should not show up anymore.
Oh! None of the method above worked? Try the final step below
Resolved: Download Unsuccessful Error In Google Play – Method Three
- Delete your primary Gmail Account [if your Android device is rooted]
- Factory reset your smartphone [if not rooted, to remove primary Gmail Account]
- Clear cache and data for Google Play [follow same method in method 2]
- Add and verify your Gmail accounts
- -Open settings > Accounts > Add accounts
- Access Google Play and try to download
Warning: If you perform a factory reset. You would lose your data. Ensure to backup before initiating the last resort method three.
This is how you fix download unsuccessful error in Google Play. I hope this tutorial has been easy to understand? Let me hear your experiences.