I tried to update one of my apps then I got the package file is invalid error message. I was like, WTF! I really hate it when machines start thinking on their own.
Alright, I decided to find a fix, tolled round the internet and found what worked for me. Luckily, I placed this issue in my to-do list. So I would be showing you on how to fix package file is invalid error message on your Android device. I also wrote a guide that reveals how I get paid Android apps for free. You should check it out.
Fix Package File Is Invalid Error on Android
- From Settings, Locate Accounts
- Select Add accounts
- Tap Google [add a second temporal Google account, if you don’t have one, simply select New to create one]
- Go back to Settings > Accounts > Google > My accounts
- Remove main account
- Access Accounts screen one more time and Add account
- Add main account and remove temporal account added earlier.
- Re-boot device and try to use Google Play.
The Package file is invalid error should not longer appear. If it does appear, we can try one more step. This is the last resort.
You should enable Device Manager.
Simply go to Settings > More > Security > Device administrators and tap Android Device Manager.