Some Chrome users are having issues disabling extensions from Google Chrome. They get the infamous this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled error message each time they try to disable an extension. On a side note, here is how to reopen closed tab on Google Chrome. You need to see that tutorial. Trust me.
In fact, you can really do nothing on the Chrome browser because the “Enabled” option is totally greyed out. You can’t disable it, neither can you uncheck it. This is a heavy burden, the frustration is enormous. But do not fret; I will walk you through how to fix this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled error message on Google Chrome in very simple steps.
This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled – Solution
- Go To Settings > Extension
- Turn on Developer Mode
- Note the Extension ID you wish you disable or remove
- Now proceed to the next steps.
- Show Hidden files in Windows
- Go to C:> Users> Your PC Name > Appdata > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data > Default > Extensions
- Search for the extension ID [see image above]
- Once extension ID is located, delete the folder.
- Restart Google Chrome
That’s it. If you followed the steps correctly, the entire process should work like a charm for you. This is how you fix this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled error message on Google Chrome. I hope this was helpful.