Glo has rolled out its 4G LTE services in nine cities, a much bigger launch coverage than I anticipated. The telecom giant is offering 4G LTE data services at a very affordable price, anyone could afford the data plan but it comes with a little issue.
You need to know your smartphone’s LTE band to enjoy Glo’s 4G LTE service.
Glo 4G LTE: Data Coverage Area
Alright, piking up from where I left; the goodnews is that Glo LTE service is available in only nine cities for now, and it includes, Lagos, Benin, Warri, Jos, Port Harcourt, Zaria, Yola, Abuja, and Eket. From what our independent source disclosed, Glo will roll out this service to more cities before the end of 2016.
Glo 4G LTE: Available Data Plans
- 1.6GB for N500 (7 Days Validity)
- 3.2GB for N1000 (30 days validity)
- 7.5GB for N2000 (30 days)
- 10GB for N2500 (30 days validity)
- 12GB for N3000 (30 days validity)
- 24GB for N5000 (30 days validity)
How To Activate Glo 4G LTE Data Plan
- The first thing you need to do is have a 4G LTE enable smartphone.
- Visit a Glo office near you
- Purchase a new 4G LTE SIM and register it, you can also swap your old Glo SIM for a 4G LTE SIM. Ensure you have your PUK code or take a government ID if you have lost it.
- Once done, you can now purchase any of the data plan by dialing *777#
Ensure you are in a 4G LTE service area before you purchase the plan. Otherwise, you will be reverted to Glo’s normal slow 3G service that has got a lot of people including myself complaining.
So, here is a list of smartphones that supports Glo 4G LTE band 28, 700MHz spectrum. Consider yourself lucky if your smartphone is in the list because you won’t be needing a Glo MiFi.
Will Glo 4G LTE Work On PC?
Yes, it will definitely work. You just have to connect your phone to your PC the normal way, either through USB tethering or hotspot. It will work great on your PS4 and Xbox One as well. I love this aspect because I can start enjoying the PlayStation Network.
For guys who don’t know how to use the PlayStation Network in Nigeria, I have a simple trick to by-pass this, I will publish an article on it if there is a request for it.
However, you must know that Glo 4G LTE will not work on your normal 3G modem. You have to upgrade, stick with your 4G phone or get a Glo 4G MiFi.
For lovers of the Tecno brand, here is a list of top Tecno smartphones that has 4G LTE network module.
This article will be updated as soon I have more details, especially the speed test. Stay tuned!