In this guide, I am going to show you how to set Google as default search for Windows 10 taskbar. Microsoft added a lot of functionality to Windows 10, one of these features is the ability to search the web from taskbar. Do you know you can also disable ads on Windows 10 lock screen? This way, you can get rid of annoying ads once an for all.
Alright, if you to do your search with Google search, then this tutorial is for you.
Set Google As Default Search For Windows 10 Taskbar
- Download and Install Firefox Nightly
- Launch Firefox Nightly
- Open new tab, type about:preferences#search in the address bar
- Press Enter to access the Search Preferences located on the left-panel.
- Select your search engine from the drop-down menu
- Click the box beneath the drop-down menu [Use this search engine for search from Windows]
Hint: If at any point you want to go back to using Bing, simply go back to step 6 and deselect the [Use this search engine for search from Windows] option.
You will also need to have Firefox browser as your default browser.
That’s it. If you followed the guide accurately, the entire process to set Google as default search for Windows 10 taskbar should work like a charm for you. I hope this has been of help.