To some people, hard reset means to force something off while others refer the term hard rest as a way of initiating a device to its factory default settings. Depending on whatever your definition of hard rest is, I will walk you through how hard reset BlackBerry Passport.
How To Hard Reset BlackBerry Passport
Hint: If your BlackBerry Passport is slow or not responding, you might consider turning off and turning on your device.
That doesn’t work?
Follow the steps below;
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key on top of the BlackBerry Passport > Tap Power. [This will restart your phone]
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key for 10-seconds [This will reset your phone]
Don’t Miss: BlackBerry CEO Mocks iPhone 6: Try Bending Our Passport
Hint: Ensure you have a backup of your data before performing step 2 above.
Hard Reset BlackBerry Passport – Method 2
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Locate Security and Privacy > Security Wipe
- Enter the text “blackberry”
- Tap Delete Data
Your phone will reset after rebooting.
Warning: You could lose your data. Every actions and procedure you take, you are doing at your own risk.
Congrats, you have successfully learned how to hard reset BlackBerry Passport. Encounter any problems, do drop a comment in the comment section.