The open nature of Android and the massive number of apps on the Play Store, make this app store the leading target for malware. More apps get added and downloaded from this store, making it more vulnerable to attacks at all the times. So if you have an Android mobile device, it is important to use a Free Google Play Antivirus.
You can find hundreds of Free Google Play Antivirus apps, but it is important to choose one from a reputable brand name. An antivirus app works almost similar to the conventional antivirus program used in the PC. You will have to download and install it on your Android mobile or tablet. You can schedule automatic scans or even run manual scans from time to time.
Such Free Google Play Antivirus programs will usually update the virus definitions on an automatic basis. However, you can also set preferences whether you want to be informed whenever a new update is available.
Need for Antivirus Apps for Your Android Device
There are many reasons why your Android device needs antivirus apps for protection against malware attacks. Here are the top reasons you should protect your phone or tablet using a high quality antivirus app from the Play Store.
- Major Market Share: The Android OS has the majority market share in the mobile domain. This makes it a bigger target for malware attacks.
- Open Platform: Unlike the closed iOS platform, Google’s Android OS is an open platform. This makes it a much easier operating system to attack.
- Information: People store all kinds of information on their Android devices. Since more people use it, it has become an even bigger target due to the sheer amount of data available. People store all kinds of information, ranging from their personal info to financial details on their Android phones and tablets. This reason makes it extremely important to choose the best Free Google Play Antivirus.
- Threat from Off-store Sources: Many Android users are likely to download apps from stores other than the Play Store. Apple has stricter guidelines for which apps can be used on your device and which apps can be added to their App Store. But the versatility offered to Android users translates into increased threat from hackers and malware programs.
There are many advantages of using the Android mobile OS, but these benefits come with a cost – increased risk of potential malware attacks. This is why it’s so important to install a high quality, Free Google Play Antivirus on your device.
Benefits of an Android Antivirus App
There’s so much more that an antivirus app can do to protect your Android device and your valuable data. This can include:
- Scanning all apps, files, games and even the settings in real time
- Killing all background tasks that slow down your phone or tablet
- Locking all key apps that carry sensitive information, such as your banking apps
- Locating your phone if it gets lost
- Monitoring your phone’s battery, data pack and storage and optimizing them for optimal usage
- Creating an encrypted vault and hiding all the private photos in it
- Scanning your Wi-Fi network and addressing issues like weak passwords and encryption problems, and keeping out all potential threats
A high quality Free Google Play Antivirus program is not just about keeping your mobile device and files safe from malware attacks and hackers. It can also take care of other functions. Many apps are designed with malicious content that transfer data back to the source. A good antivirus program can detect such communication, block it and even inform you. So consider all these points and make sure to choose the best antivirus app for your Android phone or tablet.