Ever wondered how to install cyanogenmod 12S Android Lollipop on OnePlus One? I am going to show the best working methods, you will get a custom ROM with all features.
In this tutorial, you are going to discover the various steps to install cyanogenmod 12S Android Lollipop on OnePlus One. I also have a guide that really talks about the steps to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop on HTC One M8, just in case you have a friend that has the device.
Alright, you can also learn how to root OnePlus One, install Custom Recovery and unlock Bootloader. With that said, can we begin with the tutorial for the day?
Warning: When you install a custom ROM on your android device, it voids your warranty. There is a disclaimer here to that effect.
Hint: Perform a backup before attempting to carry out this procedure.
Ensure your OnePlus One has an unlocked bootloaded, it’s rooted and equally has the recent custom recovery. Otherwise, find out how to unlock bootloader, root and install latest custom recovery on your android device.
Now follow the follow steps to complete the process.
- Enable USB debugging on OnePlus One [settings > developers options]
- Download cyanogenmod 12S
- Download Google Apps
- Move downloaded files into internal storage on OnePlus One
- Turn off phone and boot to recovery mode [press and hold together Volume Down + Power buttons]
- Perform Full System Wipe in recovery mode [Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik Cache/Art cache in advanced section]
- Navigate to recovery mode main menu and install ZIP from SD card [Select CM 12S Zip and install at once]
- Repeat Steps 7 to install Google Apps
- Now, go back to the recovery mode main menu to reboot system
- Device rebooted and files effectively installed.
This is how you install Cyanogenmod 12S Android Lollipop on OnePlus One. I hope this was helpful.
Credit: XDA Forum