I like your boldness, because reading this proves you want to root your Infinix Hot 2 X510 to get all the benefits that comes with a rooted device.
I assume you already followed our guide to install Android 6.0 on Infinix Hot 2.
If you stumped upon this article by mistake, and don’t know what “rooting” means, here is a quick one;
What Is Rooting?
Rooting simply means having root access to your device. Rooting your Android device gives you total freedom on your device. You become a Super User. This elevates your level to do things that you can’t normally do out-of-the-box. With the root access, you can modify the device’s software to suit your needs. While this process looks exciting, you will lose your warranty once you make up your mind to initiate and complete this process. See more about rooting HERE
Root Infinix Hot 2 On Android 6.0 – Step by Step
What You Need
Place these files on your desktop, so it would be easy to locate.
Read the installation guides for VCom drivers and SP Flash Tool HERE.
Install TWRP Recovery On Infinix Hot 2
- Turn off Infinix Hot 2 and remove battery
- Place the extracted “Recovery.img” and “MT6580_Android_Scatter.txt” from the recovery image file in a folder on your desktop
- Open Flash_tool.ext [Extract SP flash tools for access ]
- Run SP flash tool as administrator
- Click scatter loading
- Locate “MT6580_Android_scatter.txt”
- Click Download
- Immediately after clicking download, plug your phone via the microUSB to your PC
- Press the Volume Up or Down button so the PC can detect your Phone
- You will see the flashing process on on the SP Flash tool, wait till it get to 100%
Important: Do not abort the process until you see the green button.
Rooting Infinix Hot 2
- Copy SU-2.66.zip to your SD card
- Turn off Infinix Hot 2
- Boot To recovery Mode, [Hold Simultaneously Volume Up + Power Button]
- Navigate to recovery menu, select install > select SU-2.66.zip and flash [wait for it to complete]
- Go back to recovery menu > Reboot system
There you go. If you followed the steps correctly, it should work like a charm for you.
This way, you can successfully root Infinix Hot 2 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. You should see the Super User app in your app drawer.
Updated VCOM driver URL,
Last Updated January 23, 2015.