Whether you want to make your memories more real and print photos or you don’t want to read text directly from the screen, you’ll need a printer. As well as other computer hardware, it lets us deal with some tasks easier. You may not take a note what is that so much important what a printer does, but you will notice its absence in case it breaks. If you haven’t had a printer at home before, evaluating all its advantages will not take much time.
Let’s start from the very beginning. In order to choose the right printer you should be aware of what is available on the market. Usually, printers are distinguished according to the use and according to technology.
- Personal: connected to a single computer, as it is designed for individual use. It requires minimal setup, is slow (6-25 pages per minute) and sometimes can print documents from the memory cards
- Shared: also known as networked, as it is used by multiple users. This one is faster and can print around 45-100 pages per minute.
- Virtual: it is not connected with a physical computer printer. How is it possible? It is rather a kind of software resembling a print driver.
- 3D: a revolutionary technology is getting more popular and widespread today. Even though printings three-dimensional model doesn’t seem that astonishing today, it is still impressive. Such printer creates objects from a model or pattern with a help of successive layers of plastic, wood, metal, and other materials. Not exactly printer, but works on the same technology.
- Toner-based: this is another name for famous laser printers, which produce high-quality text and graphics.
- Liquid inkjet: it is the most common type and the best option for home printing – cheap and highly-functional. However, you should use it regularly otherwise cartridges can run dry.
- Solid ink: use color sticks instead of print; this is the most common type of color printers for offices.
- Dye-sublimation: printing process in this case uses heat to transfer dye to various surfaces; this printer is used when high-quality color application is needed.
There are only several things to consider before buying a printer: the quality of type, paper handling (in case you are going to print on paper of different sizes and quality), speed, graphics and fonts (some professional printers are very limited in functions), all-in-one function (printer, copier and scanner combined in one device), and networking capability.
Where to buy
The best way to buy a printer is to get it on Jiji. Jiji is the best Nigerian marketplace, and you can make sure it is true from the first minutes you visit it. Jiji offers all comfort of a traditional market online – with huge selection, low prices, and friendly atmosphere. With Jiji, shopping becomes easier and more pleasant. No long lines, no overcrowded malls, no wasted weekends. Find and order everything you need with a few clicks on your Smartphone, and spend the rest of the time with your friends and family. Have a great time, take some photos and print them on your new printer.