This article will guide you on how to hard reset HTC One M9, the HTC One M9 comes after the massive success of HTC One M8. There are several reasons why you may want to hard reset HTC One M9, your phone could freeze or you may want to sell off the phone and you want to erase your data.
If this is the situation, or you simply want to factory reset HTC One M9 for better performance, then this tutorial is for you. I also wrote a tutorial that really explains the methods to get into HTC One M9 recovery mode, you definitely want to check it out.
In few easy steps you will learn how to hard reset HTC One M9 in two ways.
Note: By initializing this process, you will lose all the data stored in your phone’s memory. All settings within the apps will be lost. You will only retain the data on your SD card; like your music, photos and videos.
Hard Reset HTC One M9 Method One
This is the regular method and its similar to every other Android smartphone out there.
- Firstly, locate and tap “Settings” in your App drawer
- If you haven’t done a back up, do so quickly by selecting “Backup and Reset”
- Tap “Factory Data Reset”
- Tap “Reset Phone”
Hard Reset HTC One M9 Method Two
- Turn off HTC One M9
- Press and hold together Volume Up + Home button + Power
- When you see the HTC logo, select Recovery Mode
- Use the Volume buttons to select “wipe data/factory reset”
- Use the Power button to enter
- Select Yes [this will confim operation and delete all user data]
- Select reboot system now
This is how you hard reset HTC One m9 quickly and easily. I hope this was helpful.