E-mail marketing has always been one of the vital aspects of online marketing. No matter whether you are small home-based business or a large one, to succeed in online today’s cut throat competition, it is essential to build and nurture a relation with your customers. Email newsletters are the best way to accomplish this. Now while doing email marketing, the first and foremost tool that you need is an email marketing software. There are many email marketing services available in the market today. Thus, choosing one that suits your needs is no easy task. Here we are reviewing two leading email marketing services, MailChimp Vs GetResponse to make your job a little easier.
So, read on to know which one is the best email marketing service!
Here we have reviewed Mailchimp Vs GetResponse on basis of their features, Price and customer support.
Let us start then!
- MailChimp offers you complete flexibility in designing your newsletters. The software offers an array of predesigned templates that you can customise with your content and use as newsletters. While this is just perfect for any novice marketer, for large businesses and web-developers, the software also offers the option of creating your unique page from scratch with HTML coding.
- The editing interface is quite simple to use. You can simply drag and drop any designing element that you like to customise your newsletter. For multiuser accounts, you can leave comments inside the editor itself, to make the entire collaboration process even easier.
- The marketing automation service is quite powerful, as it lets you target customers based on behaviour, previous sales record and preferences. This way you’ll be able to send the correct message to the correct customer with single API request.
- The advanced reporting feature lets your monitor your campaigns minutely. You can see the activity reports, revenue reports etc using Google Analytics.
- MailChimp has a great mobile app too, that lets you access your account on the go. MailChimp offers great integrations with many useful and popular services such as Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Shopify, Salesforce, Eventbite etc.
MailChimp has an amazing Free package for small businesses and bloggers. This package comes absolutely free of cost up to 2000 subscribers and lets you send up to 12,000 mails per month.
Apart from that the service has two other plans namely Growing Business and Pro Marketer. You can see the pricing below.
The plans start from $25 a month for up to 2000 customers.
MailChimp offers extensive customer support with easy to follow guides and downloadable materials on their website. The software also offers numerous video tutorials that can guide their customers in creating highly effective newsletters.
- GetResponse offers you over 700 newsletter templates that you can customise and use for your campaign. The software also provides over 1000 HD quality photos that you can use to customise your newsletters. These pre-designed templates make it super easy to create an email campaign, even for a complete novice. But, in case you want to create your unique page with HTML coding the software offers that option too.
- The editing interface is simply a cakewalk. You can customise, add designing elements and do much more by simple drag and drop technique.
- The Autoresponder 2.0 is a unique feature of GetResponse. With this feature you can send automated interest based messages to your customers on pre-scheduled timing. You can send your subscribers a personalised message on their birthdays, transaction completion notification, news of any upcoming deals etc through this.
- The Webinar feature is another one that can add loads of mileage to your email marketing campaign. You can engage in in-depth relation with your customers by making them participate in various webinars. Simply embed the webinar link or invitation link in your newsletters and give your customers access to the webinar room. And you can do this in just a few clicks.
- GetResponse also provide you with an awesome Landing Page creator. The Landing Page creator comes with over 100 pre-designed templates and easy editing interface. At par with any other Landing Page service in the market, the GetResponse Landing Page creator saves you a lot of money that you would have to spend otherwise purchasing a separate software for the service.
- The effective analytics and reporting feature of lets you see all your reports in a comprehensible format with Google Analytics.
- Offers you integration with a number of third party services such as Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce, Drupal, PayPal, YouTube etc.
You can see the GetResponse annual pricing plans above. The Basic Plan starts from $15 a month. The plans are quite flexible too, so you can choose one according to the size of your business and list.
GetResponse also provides a 30 Days Free Trail plan for new users. With this plan you can sign up without paying anything and use their services for 30 days with no cost at all. This way you can check out their services before you invest even a penny.
GetResponse have quite a towering reputation when it comes to customer support. Not only the software offers comprehensive user guides and manuals through their website, they also provide a number of video tutorials on various aspects of email marketing.
MailChimp Vs GetResponse
No doubt MailChimp is an awesome email marketing service, but when compared to GetResponse, the second wins on the counts:
- GetResponse offers you a full-fledges Landing Page creator with no added cost.
- Autoresponder 2.0 is a quite advanced feature that GetResponse offers and MailChimp does not.
- GetResponse pre-designed templates are more in number and variation when compared to MailChimp.
- Webinar is a pretty powerful feature that GetResponse offers and MailChimp does not.
So, considering these points, we would suggest you to go for GetResponse only. What’s your take on this? Let us know in the comment section.